Friday, April 27, 2012

Team Sophia's Angels!

I'm at it again. Completely forgetting to blog. I've been so wrapped up in planning different fundraisers for Team Sophia's Angels. But I've taken a break from that because we've hit our team goal. Unfortunately, some teammates are having a hard time reaching their personal goals. I wish some of them lived a little closer so I could help them. We're just 9 days away from walk day. I'm very excited. I'm sure it's going to be a very emotional day. I'm hoping to be able to donate some baby hats to labor & delivery on the day of the walk as well. It's going to be such a special day. Where the walk is located it also the same place where Sophia was diagnosed & delivered. The staff was amazing. I figure that making hats for these babies is the least I can do to help other families faced with the same diagnosis.

Our team t-shirts are finally here! We received our sample today. I was very surprised with how similar they look to Katie's Fighters t-shirts (which is not what we're trying to do). We left the design up to the guy who is making them. Angel went over last week and ok'd the design. He walked in today with this:


Navy blue t-shirt with silver lettering

I loved it! I know we're pushing it pretty close here so I would love to be able to put an order in by Monday so we can have our t-shirts by walk day. I'd love to have a sea of blue and silver! If you're interested in a t-shirt, please let me know. If you're unable to make it to our walk and would still like to support Team Sophia's Angels, please let me know. As of right now, I believe there is no deadline for our supporters. But for our team, we'd like to have an order in right away. I want our team to look organized. I can't wait to see just how many people show up. I'm excited for so many reasons. I can't even begin to explain how much this means to us.

We'll also have a special guest with us on walk day. My little nephew, Isaiah (aka Zah), will be with us! He's our little fighter. As of right now, he's on his trip with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Just hearing that brings many different emotions. Happiness, because his wish is being granted. Sadness because well, we all know what the Make-A-Wish Foundation is set up for. Isaiah will be accompanied by his Mommy, older sister, and twin baby brother & sister. I cannot wait to see them! We also have a special angel mommy coming in for the walk. I can't wait to finally meet her. I'm sure we'll have plenty of laughs and probably many tears shed. It's going to be a roller coaster ride of emotions next weekend.

I'll be back to my regular blogging soon enough. I have lots of catch up on.

Much love and many hugs to our readers and supporters of TSA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment